20180921-rmbc-wheelie-bins.jpg
Latest news in Yorkshire: September 21, 2018 12:25:28 PM
#wathupondearne
The number of households signing up for the councils £39-a-year garden
waste service has reached 2,500.
A letter will be sent out to all 110,000 properties inviting them to take up
the service, which will begin in October.
A new brown bin will be sent to those signing up to replace the green one,
which will be used for recycling.
Rotherham Borough Council has previously said it expects a take-up of about
30 per cent on the previously-free garden waste collections.
===================
See our yorkshire photography:
https://wath-on-dearne.com/wathondearne/around-the-dearne-valley/
- Mad Science family fun afternoon
- Grab a slice of family fun this summer
- Fatal collision in Barnby Dun Doncaster
- Hoober in South Yorkshire
- Mexborough teenager admits terror offence.
- Barnsley attacker jailed for 2 years
- Wonderfully Wizardly
- Hyperloop One to build super-fast underwater transport system
- John Gogarty murder: Killer ‘given wrong risk assessment’
- Dearne and Dove Canal Wath
- Doncaster burglar behind bars
- Sex offences trial delayed
- Burglar jailed for three years
- Charity shop targeted in Rotherham robbery
- Seven years behind bars for knife-wielding robber
- Concern over ‘community unrest’ if second EU referendum takes place
- Burglars in Court
- Scientists are beginning to better understand the new Coronavirus
- Serious collision near Bradfield, Sheffield – did you see what happened?
- Stopped. Searched. Shamed.
- Second referendum facts
- Wath Central Station
- Wath All Saints Church
- Two charged in connection with Rotherham assault
- wathupondearne Latest news in Yorkshire: January 24, 2019 11:28:24 AM Scotland’s former First Minister Alex Salmond has been arrested by police and charged, with a report sent to the procurator fiscal. He is due to appear in court in Edinburgh later today. Sky News are reporting that proceedings are now live under the Contempt of Court Act. Police did not say what Salmond, who served as first minister from 2007 to 2014, is charged with. Two people have made harassment complaints against the SNP grandee but he denies them and took successful legal action against the Scottish government over their investigation. Earlier this month a court said the government’s decisions were “procedurally unfair and… tainted with apparent bias”. At the time Salmond said he is “not guilty of any criminality whatsoever.” The party leader resigned following the loss of the Scottish independence referendum but represented Gordon in the House of Commons from 2015 to 2017. Reported on Twitter by James Matthews (SKY) ?Verified account @jamesmatthewsky Police Scotland on Alex
- Chance to share memories of Barry
- Police cars set on fire in Goldthorpe arson attack
- Shopping with an international flavour!
- Coronavirus – Doorstep fraud and scams
- We should be able to vote aged 16, say Youth Cabinet
- Fifth arrest in murder investigation
- Rotherham man remanded for burglary
- Forgotten Mighty Ironworks of Milton to be uncovered
- Closure orders stop neighbourhood ASB
- Funding help for community groups in Barnsley
- Eastwood crash driver leaves scene and injured passenger
- New Higher Level Apprenticeship in Construction
- Accidental fire in Goldthorpe
- The Glass Works and wider Barnsley town centre development
- Barnsley man jailed for 18 years for rape and sexual assault
News source: rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk