Latest news in Yorkshire: August 09, 2017 09:44:57 AM
Officers investigating a reported theft in Rotherham town centre have released an e-fit image of a man they are trying to identify.
At around 12.20pm on Tuesday 1 August, a woman, waiting in her car at traffic lights on Centenary Way, was approached by a man who knocked on her window and opened the passenger door.
He then reached in and grabbed her handbag before making off.
The 70-year-old was not hurt during the incident but was left distressed.
The man is described as of a slim build, with blonde hair and a beard, around 5ft and 7ins tall and wearing a faded-white T-shirt with a baggy neck.
Do you know this man?
Officers are currently investigating the incident and anyone who witnessed the incident, or knows this man, is asked to contact 101 quoting incident number 431 of 1 August.
Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers via 0800 555 111.
- Advice in the community for older people
- Arrest after police helicopter targeted in Barnsley laser attack
- Flame of Hope in Rotherham for 2017 Special Olympics Torch Run
- Collision in Firbeck, Rotherham – can you help?
- Murderous assault upon a wife at Bolton-on-Dearne
- Fly tippers issued with fixed penalty fines
- Man left seriously injured after Rotherham assault
- E-fit released in connection to Rotherham robbery
- Bolton-on-Dearne in South Yorkshire
- Mercury In Transit
- Consultation on home to school transport
- Guide your career
- Rotherham Hospital looking for Artists & illustrators
- Siblings jailed for forcing young woman into prostitution
- Three new exhibitions open at Barnsley Museums this autumn
- Man remains in custody following Sheffield assault
- Police and Crime Commissioner Shaun Wright – No further action taken
- Students across Rotherham celebrate GCSE success
- wathupondearne Latest news in Yorkshire: January 24, 2019 11:28:24 AM Scotland’s former First Minister Alex Salmond has been arrested by police and charged, with a report sent to the procurator fiscal. He is due to appear in court in Edinburgh later today. Sky News are reporting that proceedings are now live under the Contempt of Court Act. Police did not say what Salmond, who served as first minister from 2007 to 2014, is charged with. Two people have made harassment complaints against the SNP grandee but he denies them and took successful legal action against the Scottish government over their investigation. Earlier this month a court said the government’s decisions were “procedurally unfair and… tainted with apparent bias”. At the time Salmond said he is “not guilty of any criminality whatsoever.” The party leader resigned following the loss of the Scottish independence referendum but represented Gordon in the House of Commons from 2015 to 2017. Reported on Twitter by James Matthews (SKY) ?Verified account @jamesmatthewsky Police Scotland on Alex
- Roadworks affecting travel
- Tobacco smugglers caught by Rotherham depot staff
- Flu vaccinations available in Rotherham
- A new miller has been found for the 17th Century Worsbrough Mill
- Thurnscoe woman brought to heel over dog noise complaint
- Adrian Pogmore sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment
- Montgomery’s Square: A Poet’s Journey
- Charity’s plea to rescue centres
- Homes that repair themselves
- Teenager seriously injured following Barnsley collision
- Former students scheduled return to college
- Interim FGM Protection Orders granted in Rotherham
- Wath-upon-Dearne Town Centre
- Appeal for information following stabbing in Sheffield
- Council rolls out more safety measures for schools
- Life behind bars for prolific child sexual offender
- Mexborough teenager admits terror offence.
- More success for Rotherham’s Operation Alligator
- Appeal: Death of Hoyland Woman
- Sentimental items stolen from elderly woman’s home in Barnsley
- Free dog microchipping event will help owners and pets stay together forever