Latest news in Yorkshire: August 03, 2017 09:37:59 AM
Officers are asking drivers in Rotherham to please be vigilant following a theft and attempted theft from two cars that occurred yesterday (Tuesday, 1 August) when the vehicles were stationary at traffic lights.
At around 12.20pm, a Vauxhall Zafira was at traffic lights at College Road roundabout, close to Centenary Way and Greasbrough Street, when a man approached the passenger side of the car and knocked on the window.
The man then opened the door and reached in and grabbed the woman’s handbag before running off.
At around 12.30pm, a Suzuki Swift was again stationary at traffic lights at the same roundabout, when a man knocked on the passenger side window. The woman put the window down and a man reached inside and attempted to snatch a handbag from the seat but fled empty handed.
T/Sergeant Tony Lee, said: “While we do not want to cause alarm to the public, we do want people to be aware and to remain vigilant when in their cars, as the nature of these two incidents is incredibly distressing.
“We are following up a number of leads including CCTV, and we will continue to make enquiries as the investigation progresses.
“The man in both incidents has been described as white, aged mid-twenties, approximately 5ft 7ins tall and of a slim build.
“If anyone has any information or believes they may have also been a victim, I would urge you to please come forward by calling 101 and quoting incident number 431 of 1 August 2017.”
- Cat Lane Wath-upon-Dearne 1900
- Attempted burglary of Rotherham pensioner – can you help?
- Further discounts available for new central heating systems for private landlords and tenants
- Church Street End 1991
- Grand Charity Football Match 1972
- Iceland Foods fined £2.5 million following fatal accident
- Pettits Shoe Shop in Mexborough
- Risks of taking antibiotics when you don’t need to
- Special Olympics torch to run through Barnsley
- It’s not too late to join us at University Campus Barnsley
- Hoober Observatory near Wentworth
- Wath Main Colliery 1910
- Doncaster prisoners jail time extended
- Barnsley Museums welcomes almost 1.2 million visitors
- Toddler and boy, 4, hurt in Barnsley three-vehicle crash
- Four charged in connection to a collision in Barnsley
- Students experience life on the watch
- Call blocking scheme for people with dementia
- Yorkshire’s most dangerous pets
- Unsung heroes honour at British Empire Medal presentation
- Poundworld announce closures
- Discovery of key component of HIV virus
- Will’s artwork goes under the hammer
- Barnsley Sixth Form College celebrates 99% pass rate
- It’s not too late to study at UCB this September
- Reported theft of CCTV camera in Thurcroft
- Latest news in Yorkshire: August 03, 2017 09:07:21 AM
- E-fit released in connection to indecent exposure, Doncaster
- Hoober in South Yorkshire
- Wath All Saints Church
- £30,000 drug swoop in Rotherham
- Serious collision near Bradfield, Sheffield – did you see what happened?
- West Melton – Herbert Needham
- Wath All Saints Church Stonework
- E-fit released in connection to Doncaster sexual assault
- Provisional results show Barnsley KS2 pupils are leading the way
- Four years for Nazi teen who downloaded terror handbook
- Mexborough Power Station
- Hoober Stand in South Yorkshire
- Wath-upon-Dearne village centre 1900