Latest news in Yorkshire: August 03, 2017 09:37:59 AM
Officers are asking drivers in Rotherham to please be vigilant following a theft and attempted theft from two cars that occurred yesterday (Tuesday, 1 August) when the vehicles were stationary at traffic lights.
At around 12.20pm, a Vauxhall Zafira was at traffic lights at College Road roundabout, close to Centenary Way and Greasbrough Street, when a man approached the passenger side of the car and knocked on the window.
The man then opened the door and reached in and grabbed the woman’s handbag before running off.
At around 12.30pm, a Suzuki Swift was again stationary at traffic lights at the same roundabout, when a man knocked on the passenger side window. The woman put the window down and a man reached inside and attempted to snatch a handbag from the seat but fled empty handed.
T/Sergeant Tony Lee, said: “While we do not want to cause alarm to the public, we do want people to be aware and to remain vigilant when in their cars, as the nature of these two incidents is incredibly distressing.
“We are following up a number of leads including CCTV, and we will continue to make enquiries as the investigation progresses.
“The man in both incidents has been described as white, aged mid-twenties, approximately 5ft 7ins tall and of a slim build.
“If anyone has any information or believes they may have also been a victim, I would urge you to please come forward by calling 101 and quoting incident number 431 of 1 August 2017.”
- Scholarship to Aberystwyth University for Callum
- Church Street End 1991
- Dearne and Dove Canal Wath
- Barnsley Sixth Form College celebrates 99% pass rate
- Barnsley antisocial behaviour
- Convicted sex attacker back in court for possession of indecent images
- Steam Train Mexborough
- The Payne’s of Newhill
- It’s Panto time!
- Every day of learning counts – at every age
- New students invited to Barnsley College’s Open Day
- Fly tippers issued with fixed penalty fines
- Wath-upon-Dearne village centre 1900
- Six men charged in connection to burglaries and robbery
- Vet School success for Yorkshire Wildlife Park students
- NEW ENGLISH FRIENDS COMMUNITY LAUNCHED
- CCTV image released in connection with Doncaster theft
- Girlineers inspire local school pupils
- Rotherham trio wanted for crystal meth conviction
- Manvers Main in South Yorkshire
- E-fit released in connection to Doncaster assault
- Stelrad Boiler Maintenance 1978
- Hyperloop One to build super-fast underwater transport system
- Rotherham Fire Crew
- Motorists urged to check vehicle doors are secure
- Rocking with history at Clifton Park Museum
- Burman Road Tram Junction
- Wath All Saints Church Rear
- Former students scheduled return to college
- Barnsley on Film
- Students engineer driverless cars as part of a new society
- The CRISPR-Cas9 Cancer Therapy
- Man dies following motorbike collision in Sheffield
- Teenager dies following motorbike collision, Barnsley
- New gyms promote outdoor exercise
- Cudworth community comes together following collision
- More Barnsley families on their way to getting five a day
- Celebrate Christmas at the Mayor’s Charity Ball
- Serious collision near Stainforth, Doncaster – can you help?
- Expanding Debris from a Stellar Explosion