Latest news in Yorkshire: August 03, 2017 09:37:59 AM
Officers are asking drivers in Rotherham to please be vigilant following a theft and attempted theft from two cars that occurred yesterday (Tuesday, 1 August) when the vehicles were stationary at traffic lights.
At around 12.20pm, a Vauxhall Zafira was at traffic lights at College Road roundabout, close to Centenary Way and Greasbrough Street, when a man approached the passenger side of the car and knocked on the window.
The man then opened the door and reached in and grabbed the woman’s handbag before running off.
At around 12.30pm, a Suzuki Swift was again stationary at traffic lights at the same roundabout, when a man knocked on the passenger side window. The woman put the window down and a man reached inside and attempted to snatch a handbag from the seat but fled empty handed.
T/Sergeant Tony Lee, said: “While we do not want to cause alarm to the public, we do want people to be aware and to remain vigilant when in their cars, as the nature of these two incidents is incredibly distressing.
“We are following up a number of leads including CCTV, and we will continue to make enquiries as the investigation progresses.
“The man in both incidents has been described as white, aged mid-twenties, approximately 5ft 7ins tall and of a slim build.
“If anyone has any information or believes they may have also been a victim, I would urge you to please come forward by calling 101 and quoting incident number 431 of 1 August 2017.”
- Government returns further powers to Rotherham Council
- Girlineers inspire local school pupils
- Lost Lander Finally Spotted on Comet’s Surface
- Clifton by the Sea afternoon drop-in at Clifton Park Museum
- New Computer Is World Champion
- Council tax break for care leavers
- Students engineer driverless cars as part of a new society
- NO PULSE, NO WORRIES
- Latest news in Yorkshire: August 03, 2017 09:07:21 AM
- Arrest made in Sheffield murder investigation
- E-fit released in connection to Doncaster assault
- Two jailed for Barnsley burglaries
- Man charged following Rotherham drugs raid
- Life behind bars for child killer who sexually abused young girls
- Two Rotherham men charged with drug offences
- More Barnsley children eligible to get the flu vaccine this winter
- Spiral Snowflake Galaxy
- Moore Road, Wath-upon-Dearne c1900
- It’s not too late to study at UCB this September
- Chloe’s pride at representing Team GBR
- E-fit released in connection to exposure incident, Sheffield
- Wath All Saints Church Rear
- Wath Colliery band Christmas Carol service
- Pettits Shoe Shop in Mexborough
- Mexborough South Yorkshire – Railway
- Two houses targeted in Edlington burglaries – can you help?
- Burman Road Tram Junction
- Every day of learning counts – at every age
- Praise for polar bear conservation efforts
- Search teams recover body from water
- Witness appeal following sexual assault, Sheffield
- Celebrating their last Carol Service – Wath Main Miners
- Experience Park Life at Cannon Hall
- Bank Street Mexborough South Yorkshire
- Woman seriously injured in Doncaster collision
- Doncaster burglar behind bars
- Mexborough Power Station
- Man sentenced for sexual abuse of child in 1960s
- Recognition for young talent from Rotherham
- Murder of 31-year-old man in Sheffield